Saturday, June 17, 2006

Such is Life

A wise mother once told me when something happens "such is life". I never learned to appreciate that until much later in life. So here are some useful (hopefully) guidelines to"such is life":
As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.
You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did.
You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you have never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...my mother has said this also. At times in life I've found it somehow eases things to just realize "what is...is" . (Not meaning I gave up on changing what I could of it as desired, yet all along the way it is a basic fact that what is..is.)

I guess for decades I've been aware that life on this earth is a very quickly passing part of our journey and there is an urgent need to grasp and appreciate that. Amazes me that someone would give all the money they had for a very quick ride in a theme park, then proceed to sleep or gripe thru out the ride...or spend it looking at some other ride that they can't now get on, since their money and time is gone. Life here is sooo much like a fast paced movie or theme park adventure, but we get just a few opportunities to edit or altar how it goes...the rest of it, "get in, sit down, shut up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride".

Looking forward to the marble foundation