Friday, September 22, 2006

POSITIVE VIEW OF LIFE - After birthdays

As all of you know, there have been several birthdays going on these past few weeks and in the weeks to come. It started me to thinking about all the things that were positive in my life as it pertains to "another" birthday. I will share a few of these things with you:

I am happy and blessed to have another year as I am not through being a "thorn" in my cubs' flesh yet. I figure that is the least I can do.

If there is a little too much dust in the house, instead of saying something tacky, the cubs say,"you know its hard to see all the dust when your eyes begin to age".

If I put on a little (okay maybe a lot) weight instead of saying, "Boy is she letting herself go, they say, "you know, for her age, she looks pretty good.

The days that I am just plain out of sorts instead of taking it personal, they say, "poor thing, her arthritis must be acting up".

The cashiers no longer have to be reminded that I am a senior citizen, they just automatically give the discount.

Even the IRS gives extra deductions.

Another plus is it doesn't matter if I get off the track, its kind of nice not to have to outrun the train.

So as I count my many blessings, I will gracefully welcome my upcoming special day with a thankful heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't thing you are much a of a thorn and if you do happen to carry a thorn, most of the beautiful flowers in the world would share that attribute.

:-)