Friday, September 01, 2006

Frivolous Ramblings

Nothing intellectual going on here today just lots and lots of the ordinary stuff. I have an adjustment on my neck this morning in Holdenville (43 miles away). Good news on that front. When I started these adjustments (four adjustments ago) my neck was 90% out of alignment. Last visit it was only 50% out so we are definitely making progress.

The cub's ballgame was rained out this week. If the game had been at Latta we would have gladly welcomed the rain; however, it was in Tupelo and as usual the rain missed us. Papa bear took the cub to the batting cage last weekend and also spent considerable time playing catch in the back yard.

Speaking of the cub, it is amazing what losing TV for a spell when a bad grade is brought home in science can do. Suddenly, this grade shot up to a B. Poor cub, Mama bear has Edline on the computer and she can access the grades on a daily basis if need be.

Hope all have plans or plans to have no plans for this upcoming holiday. We plan to put a partition around Papa bears work (junk) area in the play room thus eliminating the need for the curtains and allowing us a more defined area.

I was amused at my older sibling's frustration yesterday. She told me that she complained to her doctor (she was there for a routine ck up) about getting tired so much. When I asked her if she told him that she worked cattle all day, helped with great grandkids, plus being 69 years old that might contribute to this, she seemed shocked. That shouldn't matter.

Well guess what! I started my Xmas shopping this week. Don't know why though since we are making such drastic cuts in our expenditures this year. Bottom line is I just like to think about that special time. I am already thinking of good things to cook. Did you know its only 115 days til Xmas?

See you later - Casper sends his regards.

1 comment:

Ger said...

Yeah..what does age or activity have to do with it! LOL...and remember don't put us ON that Christmas list...we're hoping to start a new trend...a christmas without presents.
Sure looking forward to you getting that percentage down below 10.