Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Back and Forth; Up and Down; Around and Around

This pretty much describes our activities these days. We are experiencing sadness as my older sibling's husband has lost both of his sisters in the past week. The last funeral is tomorrow. She was just 72 while the other was a little older, 82. These two troopers are handling it in their usual heroic manner. They are simply amazing people.

We are missing our Gerbeans and Mrs. Gerbeans. I never realized just how much comfort it was in knowing they were close. I imagine that is one thing that makes them appreciate being out on the open road, lol.

Well Ztuffy is having some difficult days right now. It seems he is in the VA hospital detoxing and is very ill this time. He has been very incoherent and they have had him on a heart monitor. I had my airline tickets to go up today and his significant other convinced me that he was probably going home today. Needless to say, I was more than a little frustrated when in talking with his head nurse today I hear that he is too ill to even consider being discharged. The situation with the miscommunication with this significant other is getting to be a problem. I am not sure what is going on. We plan to drive up this weekend if he is still in the hospital. I have called him several times but he doesn't usually make any sense. I asked the nurse if he was medicated and she said, "no it is just that he is very sick and is inconherent most of the time". Just remember him in your prayers.

Our cub is finishing up her softball season this week. They have been playing several games a week and were in a tournament last weekend. We enjoy the games. We take our folding chairs and sit in the shade and cheer for the home team and visit the concession stand, lol.

My Alien's big day at work is tomorrow. He is in charge of the big employee appreciation day again this year. His theme is the old west and he has mock building fronts depicting Dodge City, has some gun fighters that will stage a gun fight around lunch time. He remembered to tell the police that it wouldn't be real so they wouldn't come and shoot I know it will be very successful. They have thousands of dollars in prizes, free food and entertainment for the employees and he has coordinated all of it.

I have to get back on track with my neck adjustments. Hope I have not lost all the progress I had made.

Casper is doing fine and has a beauty appt on Monday. He has decided that his favorite place on our bed to sleep is on my feet or up against my back.

Well on to bed for me. See you

2 comments:

emc said...

Thanks for the updates, our best wishes to BD. And Ztuffy, don't know what to say.

Ger said...

With my stinky socks,on a night following a bowl of beans...Casper would give up the bed entirely. *Wonder if thats why our cat ran off*

I'd say stop putting your neck treatment at the back of the burner...your health is vital.

Ahhh..we greatly enjoyed our chances to visit...but like they say in some movie..we'll be back.