Thursday, August 10, 2006

Where's the Summer Gone?

I find myself asking that question often but still have not gotten an acceptable answer.

The Cub and I had a wonderful day yesterday. First the doctors for the athletic physical and acne medication check and then on to buy school clothes and supplies. We really had fun and got everything she needed. Even some stuff she didn't (makeup). I had promised that when she got in Junior High that she could start wearing powder (lightly) and also a light shade of lipstick so on to Merle Norman we went where she picked out what was appropriate for her age. How excited she was and never a problem with the "older" shades of makeup. Staples provided us with all the needed school supplies. Might have saved a penny or two at Wally World but couldn't face the pushing and shoving going on there this time of year. We hit a really big sale at Stage and ended up with over $300 in clothes and shoes for $200. We get a very small adoption stipend each month and while it is not very much, by watching carefully it covers her expenses ie school clothes, school lunches, school project costs etc. I opened an account in her name and the stipend goes into it and that makes it easy to keep track of the amount spent.

After we finished, I suggested we go out for lunch. She said, "Mom, know you are tired, lets go home and I will fix you lunch". That is what we did. On the way home we were talking about when she got grown and got her own house etc. She was quiet for a minute and then said, "Mom, I am going to be a foster parent like you and Dad and then adopt because there are so many kids without homes". Needless to say, tears were close!

Well enough of that, I am getting ready for my nap - see you -

2 comments:

Ger said...

One of the greatest things a parent can hear from the cubs...that they want to follow in the parents footsteps. I think mine swept the sand clean of my tracks..LOL..

Marbella said...

Then that is their loss!!