Monday, August 14, 2006

Lazy Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend. Don't have lots of material accomplishments to show for it but did have lots of good family times. Older sibling and spouse came by and we all went out to eat at our favorite place (Golden Corral) Saturday night.

Then later, one cub brought his spouse and little one over to swim and we sure enjoyed getting to spend time with little Grace Kelly. She is so unique.

Believe it or not, we finally watched a movie. We saw "Flight Plan" with Jodie Foster and I would highly recommend it. I didn't even get up once and wander around doing something else. It does indeed take some strange twists. We have had the movie since last winter and just had not taken the time to watch it.

Our girl cub invited her older sibling (19 years old) over to swim, eat hamburgers and then they watched "Flight Plan" on Sunday night. We encourage her to stay in touch with her bio siblings.

Casper is gone to the beauty shop today. Hopefully, he will get a haircut, nails trimmed etc.

Our Energizer bunny is going to a regular day care now that her Mom has changed jobs and works eight hours a day, five days a week. Grammy can't keep up with the little one that long. She got really mad this past Friday. It seems a little boy bit her. When her Mom came to pick her up, she said, "Mommie, I cried today at the daycare, cause I got bit". It didn't break the skin but Mother and Child were both traumatized I think.

Our cub starts school tomorrow and has her first softball practice immediately after school. Their first game is Friday and that should be very interesting since some of these kids have never played before.

I won't be bored being left "ALL ALONE" (yippee) since I have cds to catch up on and many games of Euchre to win. Nap time - see you -

3 comments:

Ger said...

Well, I remember how mad I was when I found out that a kid had bit my oldest girl at school...I was ready to take some pliers to school.

Sounds like a good relaxing weekend, you probably needed that big time.

We watched "Raising Helen" this weekend...A VERY VERY moving movie that would be well within your field of interest and enjoyment.
Its a tear jerker though...and while I didn't have little Jindian to bring me tissue, Little GK put her cheek against mine and hugged me. LOL...that alone made the whole movie worthwhile.

Marbella said...

Is raising Helen an older movie? It seems like we have seen it.

emc said...

I think that's a rite of passage. Sonic was bitten by a little german girl. Twice. Mew got sent to a corner for threatening someone with a spoon. We got to see teachers a lot.

Have fun with your alone time! Much as I love my family and friends, I *must* have time alone to keep what little sanity I've managed to salvage intact.