Tuesday, November 21, 2006

"Latest Endeavor"

Grammy is into another search. I am now doing genealogy searches working on my family tree. How interesting!! I have gone back as far as several "greats" on certain family ancestors. When Xmas rolls around and the grandkids come and find Grammy glued to the computer on ancestry.com they may get a little irritated, lol.
Howver, I will try to make sure that we don't have to many "sad days". I have discovered that one of our distant relatives was married to the Gatlins of the Gatlin Gun inventors. Another one was captured in the civil war, one was witness to a lynching, etc.

We are looking forward to Thanksgiving. Don't know for sure who all will be here but will just enjoy the time. I am trying out a new rocky road chocolate pie recipe. One of the cubettes asked her Mom to make sure that I didn't forget to make the broccoli/rice cassserole and the cherry cheese cake. And they think us "older" ones are the traditionalists, lol.

We had the energizer bunny all day Sunday. She went to Church with us. We then went out to eat and on to the Couches for a visit. She got to go with Papa G out into the pasture to see the longhorn cows. He couldn't get her on the four wheeler though, she said, "no, I too scared". She does not want to miss her bible class and since her Mom and her Nina were going to the city, I talked them into leaving her with us.

I have come to grips with the situation with the cub to the north. Still have some very sad thoughts but don't obsess about it. It is in God's hands.

Happy turkey day to all of you - as you know our family has our love -

2 comments:

Ger said...

That ancestry research can get habit forming. I've dabbled in it from time to time but keep getting dragged away by the present..LOL.

We're sure looking forward to Thanksgiving too. I think ALL the kids will be in town...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a diverse and fun ancestory you got there. I like those so much better than the ones where nobody did anything besides take over the family business for 200 years...