Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"Without Rain"

I have heard that without rain there would be no flowers. The Alien and I are living proof that this saying is definitely true. We have been in a monsoon for the past several months but the little flowers just keep peeping out of the water.

This has not been a banner year for us yet we have so much to be thankful for. I have escaped back surgery (so far) by completing the physical therapy. The Alien has escaped the big "C" word for the nodule. So there is a whole flower garden right there.

It just seemed like when our health went south (once again) so did lots of other things. We lost a family member that has stretched our endurance for pain. The Alien lost his job which will stretch our financial situation.

Then I have lost some of the most important people in my life. Not through death. I see the little faces in my mind and just feel such indescribable sorrow. I am trying to accept it as one of those things that I cannot change but its hard. I feel that I was judged, convicted and sentenced without so much as a hearing. What ever happened to people being able to resolve differences? God teaches love over all else.

On to a happier note. The Cub is settling down in school. She still doesn't like it but hopefully she will continue to make good grades. She has adjusted to her contacts very well. She and her Dad are working on the jeep continually. She is so proud of it even though she is not the least bit anxious to drive.

The Alien and I are in the planning stages for our country store for our Church's fund raiser for the Compassion Outreach Center. Can you believe he is even going to donate some of his peach jam for it? We have lots of ideas and hopefully it will be successful. It is just a small part of the big fund raiser night.

I think all of you know how my older sibling feels about our dogs. Well, she had a birthday last Saturday so I went down and took her birthday to her. The Alien didn't get to go as he had to go to Texas to attend his sister's husband's funeral. Anyway, I found the cutest little white dog birthday cake and took that. I explained to her that Casper and Frosty ordered it for her and I forgot to tell them she was a "people". She was beside herself!!!!!!!!! I had to do something to lighten her day since it was the first birthday without B. She put it in the freezer to save until the three of us could eat it together.

Well enough chatter for now.

1 comment:

Ger said...

Bet she couldn't bring herself to eat that dog. That was hilarious.
Lets hope the flowers are beautiful all year but with less storm.