Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Comings and Goings"

Is the title grammatically correct? Probably not. Oh well, I am just writing to give an update on things at the home front. It is hard to believe that the weekend is already almost over. We have sure had some enjoyable times over the last few days and well yes, maybe, some not so enjoyable.

On Friday, I snuggled down in my easy chair about 1 pm for my usual daily nap. Now all the cubs have learned this is Mama Bear's naptime and she gets real cranky if awakened. Well as luck would have it, the Alien got so excited that he was getting off a couple of hours early to start our fun night planned that he called me and sure enough he woke me up. I tried to remember that I was not really in hibernation so it was okay not to get to finish my nap.

Anyway, the Alien came home and we loaded our cub in the van and started to the University to pick up a cubette that was going to attend the baseball game with us. We got him and started on our way. We got to the ballpark and decided to eat at Zios. They told us it would be a 20 minute wait unless we sat at the counter. We all really wanted to sit at the counter. How fun!! I had forgotten just how nice it was to be able to wiggle around on your stool, watch everything going on where the food was prepared and man the service is phenomenal . Our server was such a delightful energetic young lady. Anyway, we all ate until we "hurt".

Then on to the ballpark. Our Texas Rangers were playing the Chicago White Socks at our farm team park. As we are all avid baseball fans, this was better than Xmas (almost). We didn't let the cold weather bother us. So what if the wind was blowing really hard and the temperature had dropped "way down" we were determined to watch our team. Our cub discovered that when it is cold, it is not real wise to eat dip and dots. The cubette decided that he could still pack in the infamous "ballpark hotdog".

Well we made it to the middle of the 7th inning and finally admitted that we were not as determined as we thought!!! It still was fun and we had a blast.

Well, all the bunnies are back in the shed. For the cub that thought we had gone over the edge and got more live animals, I had to confess to him that these were not the eating and feeding kind. Frosty tried to help us and he managed to "eat two bunnies" at least he succeeded in tearing them into little pieces. I guess he didn't want me to have so much packing to do.

The furry ones are doing fine. Casper has to go to Tulsa to a vet dermatologist on the 22nd for his allergies. Hopefully, we can find out what gives him rashes. I hope to go to my cardiologist the same day.

B is doing quite well considering he had a person "posing" as a surgeon doing his pacemaker implants (the first two times). Then B fired him and got a really good one to do the job and so far he is doing well.

Well until next time.

No comments: