Sunday, March 02, 2008

Al Capone and Water Front Property

About now, my cubs are wondering if the time has come to have their Mom evaluated for mental stability. This could be due to the weird content of some of her blogs. If you are wondering what Al Capone and water front property have in common just keep reading.

As some of you know, I am prone to some pretty strange dreams. The other night was one such dream. Believe it or not, I had not eaten a large fat-laden dinner and was not medicated when I went to bed. Matter of fact the dream occurred just before I awakened and I know this for a fact since Frosty woke me from the dream with his barking.

I had gone to visit a friend in Texas. She had put in a bed and breakfast (news to me) so we were to spend the night there. It was pretty chaotic and when I got ready to take my medication (unfortunately this consists of about 9 vials) the next morning, it was strewn all over the place and some was totally gone. Without my medication, we had to come home and that is when the next segment begins.

My friend arrived here the next day. She had gotten a bid to redo U-Turn. For those of you not familiar with our town, U-Turn is a large facility that can be rented for kids' parties, reunions, etc. I took her out to meet with the Deacons of the Church that had bought U-Turn. She went over the figures with them and we got in my van to leave. They called her back and she found out someone had underbid her so she had to work up new figures. Again, we started to leave and when we went to my van it was gone. Finally, Call-A-Ride (our version of taxis)appeared so we got in and told him to take us to our van. This seemed a little strange since we had no idea where that was. However, he said, "Sure" and away we went. He proceded to give us a scenic tour of our city. We ended up stopping at the "waterfront" and as we were looking out over the vast body of water, he pointed out some apartments over on one side and told us that these were owned by Al Capone. I then asked him if he knew that Al Capone was actually born here. He did not know that and before the conversation could go further Frosty woke me!!

As I said in the beginning, I have some pretty weird dreams.

1 comment:

Ger said...

COOL!! But Busy! Did you wake up tired???