Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Home Front News"

Its been a few days since I have blogged but hopefully the back will let me sit here long enough to completely bore you!!

We had little blue eyed blond haired Grace Kelly for a couple of days. What a joy she is but I am telling you even the energizer bunny could not keep up with her. She has more energy than 15 people put together. I wish you could hear her read. She had a Mother Goose book of rhymes and I thought she was reciting them she was saying them so quickly and then realized that she was reading them when I saw her turning the pages. She and I sleep together in the middle bedroom (she calls it hers and Grammy's room) and several times during the night I feel that little precious hand reaching out to touch me. She does it ever so lightly but just wants to make sure I am still there. She loves to go in the pool and did several times each day. She reminds me of a dolphin in the way she comes straight up and then dives back under water. I wish I had the strength to have her for lots of days.

My doctor is making an appt with a neurosurgeon for my back and believe me I am ready for whatever they have to do to fix it. It has literally "grounded" me almost and I don't do grounding very well.

J has gone back in the VA hospital. Hopefully he will stay this time until he can conquer his demons. He would probably enjoy a card or call. The address is on the net at VA Hospital in Omaha.

Well my time is up so will write more later.

1 comment:

emc said...

Nice to see you posting again! I can't imagine you handling "grounded" very well! Does floating in the pool help? Sounds way too hot down there; if you guys want an escape to the high country, we always have room for you.