Sunday, May 24, 2009

"Broken Hearts"

The cycle of life brings happiness and sadness. We seem to find the happiness easier to deal with than the sadness which is natural I assume. Sometimes though, the cycle of life brings sadness that we just think we are unable to deal with. That is when God puts his hand on our shoulder and says, "there is nothing that you and I cannot handle together". This has been one of those weeks. Our life as we have known it is gone forever until we meet in a better place. My sister has a hole in her heart that cannot be fixed. I know that God has put his hand on her shoulder also.

I don't know who wrote this "saying" but I dedicate it to my loved one that we must learn to live without until we meet again.

GOD SAW YOU

God saw you getting tired
and a cure was not to be,
So He put his arms around you and whispered, "Come to Me".
With tearful eyes we watched you
and saw you slip away,
And though we loved you dearly,
we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating
hard working hands finally at rest.
Even though our hearts were breaking, it proved to us
that God only takes the best!

So while our tears are pouring, we must accept that you are in a better place and that the struggle with pain is finally at rest.

2 comments:

emc said...

That was beautiful. Our thoughts are with you and K and family. He will be sorely missed but I sure am proud he was my uncle.

Ger said...

Granny Myrtle and her sweet kindness and upside down muscles, Grandpa Jack and all his head shaking or lectures and training and love and fierceness, Great grandpa Ode and his ornery smile and squinted eye and stories to tell, Uncle Pete and his "third grade education" sucker-punched the world with his laughter and pranks and intensity of life , "Pops" and "Grandma Marshall" almost like watching a real life comedy show, Grandma Imogene and "well I'll be" and "well I wanta tell you something" and her staunchness in her ways and those delicious bacon biscuit snacks And My "Aunt Susie" who wasn't my Aunt at all and wasn't even called Susie..and her always having gum and a seat ready for me at church, and so many others ...

but now..Uncle Bill Doc, that just opened up his great big heart and lived life and loved life and brought so much to so many ...my heart is filled with joyful memories and painful losses and I am feeling tired and I know you are too and that your list is even much longer than mine, ...

Thank you for your post, that was beautiful and It is so true the hand of God on our shoulders saying we'll get through this, and our hearts breaking not imagining how but knowing we will.

And I think the tears have stopped but they run down my face even as I type. Knowing unless I go first there are more I'm going to lose and I don't even have a clue how pulverized and pummeled I'm going to feel by the time I finish my journey...but I know so well now what didn't sound too exciting to a boy that hated naps...that when God said we will enter His rest..that is a good thing, a very good thing.

And by the grace of God there are some mighty fine people I'm going to be with again, mighty fine people...and there will be no more tears then, no more sorrow, no more pain.

Thank you for that post, and your love and all you struggle through that gives us more time with you.

I know that "rest" is a good thing now and I know by the time my time comes I'm sure going to need it cause this letting go business is wearing me out.