Sunday, May 13, 2007

Truly a "Mother's Day"

Well what a day! What a life! What a family! Who could ask for more, certainly not me. My cubs all called, sent flowers, cards, gifts and best of all told me "they love me". If I die and go to heaven tonight I will certainly be one happy Mother!!! My Alien took me out to eat and pretty much catered to me all weekend. Even the little westies seemed to know I was having a special day and believe it or not there were no puddles, yukies, etc to surprise me.

To the cubs who are scared that Marbela has misplaced her marbles, they will have it confirmed when the "rest of the story" of the shopping trip evolves. The hospital is sponsoring a dog show this coming Saturday. They are doing this to raise money for the "Relay for Life" a big fund raiser all businesses participate in and it goes to cancer research. Well, since we know that our westies will be the cutest there, we decided to deck them out a little. So yesterday, we came home with of all things Harley Davidson Jackets, Harley Davidson Caps, and Harley Davidson collars for them to wear. We had to dress them up since we knew there was no way they could win the categories of the best mannered and surely not the best trained so we will do it the American way and depend on "LOOKS". Pictures will be shared.

The Alien got our new canopy up today on the deck. Hopefully we will get the pool opened within the next two weeks.

Busy week coming up, the cub is now in softball practice, plus the final few days of school. I think she will be exempted from finals as her grades are As and Bs. She also has riding lessons this week. Add to that my hair appointment, Frosty's third shot and George's department is having their annual hamburger cook (also to raise money for cancer).

Thanks for sharing your time.

No comments: