Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Happy Tears, Sad Tears, or Just plain old tears

I read in a response to a blog the other day about happy tears. Well, yesterday, I think I experienced every kind of tear available. You see one of my cubettes loaded his car and headed out to the rest of his life. How excited he must have felt. I wonder if his cycle of emotions were as complicated as mine thinking about how his life is evolving. First there was sheer happiness knowing how he must be feeling. Next came total selfishness on my part thinking about the changes being made and how we could never go back to our original relationship with Mew. It was temporary despair! Our little critter leaving the cave. All these past Christmases forever changed. All the summer experiences forever changed. All the crystal hunting, frog shooting, boating forever replaced with his grown up life. Yes, Mew, it was indeed a sad day at Grammy's and couldn't be fixed by her making another chocolate pie. One thing that will never change is my love for Mew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

emc said...

Mew and Sonic were blessed to have you and the alien as such an active part of their lifes.

I was always amazed, especially when they were just tots, and came back from summers or xmass just brimming with the love you guys poured into them. From the adventures to the treasure hunts and sassy waitress skits; you guys set the bar pretty high for making them feel special and loved.

I know that wherever their travels take them in the future, that love is something they will always take with them and a resource they will always have deep in their souls. As do I. Our deepest grattitude M and G, for the magic you've brought to our lifes.