Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"Senility" Only Alternative?

I am suddenly being bombarded with little quips regarding age. For instance, one cub gave me a plaque that reads "I am just an Old Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll World". Then the reference to the elderly during my recent hospital visit, and to top that off, the Alien's secretary sent me the following little prayer:

--- THE SENILITY PRAYER : Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

I know what is happening! Its all this dreary weather! Yep, that must be it. I have one thing to say to the clever mouth of the wayward cub, "Raggedy Ann's will be around when Miss Barbie bites the dust".

With the recent eye surgery, I have ensured my ability to recognize the "correct" people and those that don't know about the surgery, well they will just think I am getting "Senile". Hee hee, I have it covered!

2 comments:

emc said...

I remember certain relatives that used the same principle with their hearing aids(!) lol

Ger said...

ROFL...now you guys be nice, I'll add you to my list of "King for the Day" agenda...That Senility prayer is most excellent...and in this culture, the "old raggedy Ann" is definitely of greater value than "just another Barbie".