Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Do You Have a Title?

See, even the blog ask for a title! Are titles important to you? They are to most people. For instance, my title is "Executive Senior Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human Relations". I know your next question, how did you get that title? Well, I earned it by becoming a mother, grandmother and great grandmother. Now if you will read the title carefully you will see how all this fits together. First, I am diversified and able to multitask which is extremely important in my field. I am willing to work long hours and seven days a week without asking for overtime or comp time. I work in the field (some call them playgrounds) as well as inside. I am not geared to get my reward through monetary compensation. I am a dedicated employee who will probably never retire. I will never file for workmen's comp or sue the company for sexual harassment. I do not require vacation time or sick leave. So now you know how I earned my title. "Just a Mom"

4 comments:

emc said...

I can't think of any of more important title than "Mom" :-)

Anonymous said...

Mother is the name of god on the lips of a child... Makes that one heck of title :-)

Ger said...

BD told me i was CHIEF FLUNKY, made me hold my head up high all day, to be so young and already chief at something.

emc said...

Dang, you'll be Chief Flunky High Horse before ya know it!