Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Cowards"

Have you ever known a coward? I am not talking about the British author, I mean just an ordinary old "slinking" coward. I didn't think I had ever really met one until recently. The shocking discovery was that I had known this person for 16 years without even suspecting that this person had an inkling of timidity in them. Just goes to show that we don't always know everything about a person. For those of you that may be wondering who this cowardly one is, wait no longer. It is my previous physician. Of all the nerve, just to retire because I had threatened her with bodily harm if she gave me another diagnosis of something that was not on my rather long list.

This resignation required me to get a new physician and I bet you are ahead of me. Yep, the first visit I came away with another addition to my list. After a bone scan, it was determined (just because my spine was almost black) that I have osteoporisis of the spine. So another pill, another dollar, another ailment. Oh well, I will do with it what I have done with the rest and that is to take my pill and simply ignore the rest!!

The oxygen man will be here in a few minutes to bring my oxygen set-up for my sleeping hours. As one cub stated, if an intruder came into our bedroom at night and saw the Alien with his mask and me with mine, they would run. See there is always something to be thankful for! Except I find it really hard to be thankful for cowards. Even if she is (was) an excellent physician.

One thing about it, I can no longer threaten to huff and puff and blow the house down! And if this is to boring, there are always crossword puzzles, hee hee

2 comments:

emc said...

Dang, I think our doctors have it backwards. In China they get paid to take stuff *off* the list. Whassamatter with this country?!

And they have oxygen "bars" around here where people pay good money for a 15 minute sniff, you guys might could run a business during the day :-)

You guys seem to be taking all this incredible stuff in stride, hope that attitude's hereditary ;-)

Ger said...

Crossword puzzles can be too distracting. Maybe that doctor looking at your spine was prejudice or had the wrong ink in the printer, cause you got more backbone than most anybody i've known. LOL.