Monday, August 04, 2008

News or Maybe Not

Good Morning!! And it is a beautiful day, well maybe a little warm but last winter I was anxiously awaiting these days. No, I am not anxiously awaiting winter.

This is going to be a good month. Lots of new activities to look forward to. Our cub is about to start to school (although I am not quite ready for that as she is a "no problems" person to have around). We enroll this week and school starts the next week. Today is a trip to the optometrist as I have noticed she can't read road signs until we get close to them. Her wardrobe is complete for the time being so that is a plus. After her tutoring at Sylvan this summer, she feels pretty good about algebra.

The Cub had a wonderful time on the mission trip to Missouri. She even sent me a text and said, "Thanks for making me come Mom, I am having a ball". She is a little timid and needs some outside stimulation.

Got to hold the great grandson a few days ago. He is so tiny but so perfect! I think God made babies so absolutely adorable because he knew the time and effort it would take to raise them, you think?

I got an application for one of the cubs sent in last Friday to try to get this "grossly" unfair mess with child support straightened out. He has actually paid over 50% of his gross income for four years and I have worked on this for six months. That old saying, "You can't fight city hall" should be changed to "county attorney" who I will gladly nominate for the jerk of the year.

The Alien and I went garage sale hopping this past Saturday and found out that everyone else's junk was just like ours so didn't buy a thing. Well, during this trip we met a friend who told us about an estate auction going on at the agriplex at noon. On a whim we went and boy now I wish we hadn't, lol. Usually two fairly intelligent people became utter nuts and came home with everything but money. The Alien finally got his (Remington replica) life long wish for a statue. His statue is named "The Cheyenne" and is an Indian riding a horse. He is so proud of it and actually it was a pretty good investment since he paid $400 and can sell it right now for $700. My purchases were probably not so wise. I got this medium size rocking chair (that supposedly was made in late 1890's, yeah right). It is such a weird shape and design and I love it. It is oak with a black leather cushion seat with a black tufted leather insert on the back. When we walked into that big building with tons of stuff, this chair just called out to me, lol. For my birthday, the Alien is going to have Papa D's rocking chair that I have, lacquered in black, for me to go with this rocker.

I will find out today if I have to go on oxygen at night. Boy won't that be a sight, the alien in his apnea mask and me with oxygen tubing running to a big machine, lol. I bet if a burglar came in they would take one look and run, lol.

Well enough for today - Be back soon

2 comments:

Ger said...

Sounds like you're feeling a bit more chipper, thats great, hope you pace yourself with this busy and DANGEROUSLY HOT month. :)

emc said...

"Usually two fairly intelligent people became utter nuts and came home with everything but money." made me laugh! Sounds like you got some treasures though, that money stuff is kind of boring anyway ^_^

So what did you find about the oxygen, are you and alien going to be building a space capsule in that side of the house?!